Network & Services
An environment-friendly intermodal network from a single source
Climate change and congested roads are increasingly adding importance to the shift of freight transport to two environment-friendly alternatives: the railway system and inland waterways. As a customer of IGS Intermodal Container Logistics GmbH, you will benefit from a reliable Intermodal service spectrum that will take your goods from port to door and which comes from a single source. Our network of regular shuttle trains connects the seaports with the most important inland industrial centres. In many regions the terminals and trucking organisations of the IGS Group will handle your containers, covering transshipment, temporary storage and delivery/pick-up for the first/last few miles. For urgent shipments and temperature-controlled merchandise, we provide both local and long-distance container transport services, using our own vehicles. Our inland container depots are staffed by experienced teams who will store, repair and clean your containers.
- “Port-to-door service” from a single source
- In-house railway network
- Inland waterway transport
- Local and long-distance container transport in our own vehicles
- Container chassis with GPS
- In-house inland container depots and terminals
- In-house vehicle park management
- Modern in-house wagon fleet
- In-house shunting service at Hamburg seaport, incl. hybrid locomotives
We look forward to receiving your enquiry.